Last modified: February 25, 2019
Maine Trail Finder has published the information contained in this site for informational purposes only. You may freely search, view, download, and print the documents and information contained on this site for personal and non-commercial purposes only, which is provided "as is" without any warranty of any kind. The information contained in this site is the exclusive property of Maine Trail Finder’s partner organizations and any respective copyright owners. The content, code, design, and graphics of this site may not be published, posted, reproduced, or redistributed by third parties without the express written consent of Maine Trail Finder.
The map and description posted for each trail is for general information only and does not necessarily reflect the trail status at the time of use, or the actual local trail conditions you may encounter. The trail status was reviewed and approved by the land owner or manager at the time of posting on Maine Trail Finder. Trail status may vary with changing conditions such as temperature, weather, construction, type of terrain, and usage. Any noted signs or landmarks are listed only for your convenience, and there is no guarantee that they will be there at any given time.
EVENT Calendar Content
For event calendar users: The information posted for each event does not necessarily reflect the event conditions you will encounter. The event posting was submitted by the event manager or associated person and reviewed by Maine Trail Finder to provide the most accurate information available at time of posting on Maine Trail Finder. Event managers may make event changes without updating the event information on Maine Trail Finder, so there is no guarantee that the information provided is accurate.
For event managers: Maine Trail Finder is not responsible for promoting your event if you list it on our website. Maine Trail Finder is also not responsible for monitoring any changes to event details and updating the information provided on our site. It is the responsibility of the event manager to update the event information or notify Maine Trail Finder of necessary updates. Your use of the Event Calendar is at your sole risk. The Event Calendar is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
Trail AND EVENT Hazards
I understand that trail use and/or event attendance can be a hazardous activity that has risks resulting from accident or physical exertion. I agree, as a consideration of, and in consideration for being permitted to use Maine Trail Finder and all content provide herein, to freely and expressly assume and accept any and all risks, inherent or not inherent.
Maine Trail Finder’s administrators, lead partners, and all affiliated organizations, funders, and individuals disclaim any and all liability on their part for damages or injuries to persons or property should they occur.
General Site Use
You agree to follow all applicable laws and regulations when using this website. Furthermore, you agree that you shall not:
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit through or to this website any content that:
- is unlawful, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, lewd, offensive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable;
- might infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, rights of publicity, or other proprietary rights of others;
- contains any viruses, trojan horses, time bombs, or any other harmful programs or elements;
- Disrupt, place unreasonable burdens or excessive loads on, interfere with or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of our website, its computer systems, servers, or networks;
- Provide false information about yourself to us, impersonate any other person, or otherwise attempt to mislead others about your identity or the origin of any content, message, or other communication;
- Transmit junk mail, chain letters, or other unsolicited bulk e-mail or duplicative messages;
- Collect information about other visitors to our website without their consent or otherwise systematically extract data or data fields, including without limitation any financial data or email addresses;
- Sell access to or the use of this website, including any content contained on, downloaded or accessed from this website, except as specifically permitted in writing by Maine Trail Finder;
- Redistribute any content, including data, provided by us in any manner whatsoever including by means of printed publication, fax broadcast, web pages, e-mail, web newsgroups or forums, or any other electronic or paper-based service or method;
- Intentionally alter the format in which site data is provided by us or otherwise circumvent our regular interfaces to such data; and
- Embed or import any site data provided by us into any information services (whether or not web-based), data files or application software, including without limitation episode index systems, except as specifically permitted in writing by Maine Trail Finder.
You understand and agree that Maine Trail Finder shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages -- including but not limited to any loss of profit, loss of goodwill, loss of reputation, loss of data, cost of procurement of substitute goods or service, or other intangible loss -- related to your use of this website.
Breach of these terms will result in the removal of your account, server bans, and possible legal action.