Big and Little Niagara Falls from Daicey Pond
From Millinocket: Travel 16 miles northwest on the paved Baxter Park Road to the Togue Pond Gatehouse, passing buildings and Northwoods Trading Post on the right after eight miles. After entering the park at Togue Pond Gate, bear left and continue onto the Park Tote Road for 10.4 miles and then turn left onto the 1.5-mile Daicey Pond Road. The trailhead leaves from the day-use parking lot at the Daicey Pond Campground.
This short section of the Appalachian Trail follows the Nesowadnehunk Stream from Daicey Pond Campground. After 1 mile a short side trail leads to Little Niagara Falls and after 1.2 miles a longer side trail leads to Big Niagara Falls.
There is also a guided hiking loop around Daicey Pond and canoes are available for rent at the campground.
Park Fees: See website for entrance and camping fee schedule. [No entrance fee for Maine residents.]
Park Rules: See a more complete list here.
- All persons entering the Park by road or trail must register their entrance at a gatehouse or self-registration station
- The maximum size of hiking groups is 12 persons
- All groups of five or more persons under 16 years of age must be accompanied by at least one adult, responsible for the supervision of a maximum of five youths
- For all trash: Carry-in; carry-out
- Where toilets are not available, human waste must be buried at least 200' from water or carried out
- Pets or other domestic animals are not allowed in the Park
- Camping is permitted by reservation only
- Fires or other cooking or heating devices are permitted only in designated campsites or picnic areas
- Hunting and trapping are prohibited within the Park (with some exceptions)
- Maine fishing laws apply within the Park
- No person may feed, bait, or disturb any animal within the Park
- Power equipment is prohibited (including generators)
- All vehicles must display an entrance permit while in the Park
This trail is within Baxter State Park. For more information and detailed trail maps, please visit Baxter State Park Authority's website.
Baxter State Park Authority
64 Balsam Drive
Millinocket, ME 04462
Phone: (207) 723-5140
Check for nearby geocaches to Big and Little Niagara Falls from Daicey Pond .
Leave No Trace Principle
Leave What You Find
Respect natural resources, cultural and historic items, and wildlife by looking rather than touching.