View Connector Trails
From downtown Millinocket: Travel 16 miles northwest on the paved Baxter Park Road to the Togue Pond Gatehouse, passing buildings and Northwoods Trading Post on the right after eight miles. After entering the park at Togue Pond Gate, bear left and continue onto the Park Tote Road for 1.2 miles. Park on the right side of the road in a small dirt pull-out.
Caverly Pond Trail travels over even ground for just over 0.1 miles and accesses the southern shore of Caverly Pond. A canoe is available for rent on Caverly Pond.
Park Fees: See website for entrance and camping fee schedule. [No entrance fee for Maine residents.]
Park Rules: See a more complete list here.
- All persons entering the Park by road or trail must register their entrance at a gatehouse or self-registration station
- The maximum size of hiking groups is 12 persons
- All groups of five or more persons under 16 years of age must be accompanied by at least one adult, responsible for the supervision of a maximum of five youths
- For all trash: Carry-in; carry-out
- Where toilets are not available, human waste must be buried at least 200' from water or carried out
- Pets or other domestic animals are not allowed in the Park
- Camping is permitted by reservation only
- Fires or other cooking or heating devices are permitted only in designated campsites or picnic areas
- Hunting and trapping are prohibited within the Park (with some exceptions)
- Maine fishing laws apply within the Park
- No person may feed, bait, or disturb any animal within the Park
- Power equipment is prohibited (including generators)
- All vehicles must display an entrance permit while in the Park
This trail is within Baxter State Park. For more information and detailed trail maps, please visit Baxter State Park Authority's website.
Baxter State Park Authority
64 Balsam Drive
Millinocket, ME 04462
Phone: (207) 723-5140
Check for nearby geocaches to Caverly Pond.
Leave No Trace Principle
Plan Ahead and Prepare
Use common sense. If it seems like a bad idea, it probably is.