Erickson Fields Preserve is located at 124 West Street, Rockport, Maine.
- From the south: take ME-1 north until it intersects with ME-90 outside of Warren, and turn left on ME-90. Follow ME-90 nearly to its end, about 10.5 miles (and about 2.5 miles past the stoplight and intersection with ME-17). Erickson Fields Preserve is on your right across from Cross Street.
- From the north: take ME-1 south until it intersects with ME-90 outside of Rockport, and turn right onto ME-90. Drive approximately 0.3 miles, passing on your left the Market Basket, several houses and a short stretch of woods. Erickson Fields Preserve is on your left across from Cross Street.
Erickson Fields Preserve in Rockport features a family-friendly and dog-friendly 1.4-mile trail that loops through field and forest. Along the route, there are fitness stations where walkers can stop for additional workouts. The trail is open daily, year round, from dawn to dusk. Note: a small portion of the trail goes across a neighboring property.
Erickson Farm was a dairy farm for many generations, until the Erickson family stopped farming the land in the 1980s. Maine Coast Heritage Trust acquired the property to conserve and keep productive this prime farmland in Midcoast Maine and to provide a public benefit through agricultural, natural resource, and silviculture education on the property.
The Erickson Field's community garden areas are used for educational programming. A larger garden area is managed by Maine Coast Heritage Trust's Teen Agricultural Crew to produce vegetables for the local food system including food pantries and school lunch programs.
Preserve Information and Guidelines:
- Please respect the privacy of preserve neighbors
- Stay on established trails
- No camping permitted
- No fires permitted
- Carry out all trash, including human and pet waste and toilet paper
- Keep pets under strict voice or leash control
- Dogs must be kept on leash in the parking lot and around the gardens
For more information and a printable preserve map, please visit Maine Coast Heritage Trust's website.
Maine Coast Heritage Trust
1 Bowdoin Mill Island, Suite 201
Topsham, ME 04086
Phone: (207) 729-7366
Check for nearby geocaches to Erickson Fields.
Leave No Trace Principle
Be Considerate of Other Visitors
Be aware of and limit the noise you and your group generate. Enjoy the sounds of nature.